Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Dried kudampuli/Garcinia cambogia – 2 pcs (Soak in hot water for 30 mins) Read the health benefits of Kudampuli here
- Steamed Sweet Potato cubes – 1 1/2 cups (Peeled)
- Finely chopped Dandelion Greens – 1 cup
- Ayurvedic Sambar Powder – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 5
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Squeeze the soaked kudampuli to get a thick juice of it.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds pop, add fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and saute for few seconds in low flame.
- Add dandelion greens, 1/8 tsp turmeric powder and cook covered till the leaves wilt and turn bright green. (Add little water to avoid burning)
- Now add kudampuli juice, cooked sweet potatoes, 1/8 tsp turmeric, sambar powder, salt, enough water(to get a gravy consistency) and let it cook covered on a medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Garnish it with finely chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with plain rice
Yummy Kuzhambu is ready to relish!
- Dandelion Greens are rich source of Calcium & Magnesium.
- Sweet Potatoes (Sweet Yam) pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha.