Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Basmati Rice – 1 1/4 cup
- Roughly chopped Methi/Fenugreek Leaves – 2 cups
- Thai green chilly – 1 (Remove the seeds)
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
To Grind into a fine paste:
- Chopped celery – 1/2 cup
- Roughly chopped cilantro – 1/2 cup
- Ginger – 2″ piece
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Kalpaasi/ Stone Flower – a small piece
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Home-made masala powder – 2 tsp
- Soak rice for 30 mins.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add Fenugreek Leaves and green chilly.
- Saute for a minute and then add masala paste, soaked rice and saute for 2 minutes in low-medium flame.
- Then add salt, olive oil, enough water (depending upon the rice variety you use) and give a gentle mix.
- Cover it slightly ajar and let it come to a brisk boil.
- Give it a mix and cook it covered on low flame until done.
Tasty, flavorful and a healthy Lunch box dish is ready!
Enjoy it with any Raitha.
- Fenugreek leaves helps to detox Fat Tissue.
- Cilantro is Tridoshic.
- Celery pacifies Pitta and Kapha but aggravates Vata. The spices used in this recipe will help pacify Vata.