Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Homemade Apple sauce – 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Succanat or Raw Cane sugar – 1/2 cup (adjust the quantity based on the sweetness of applesauce)
- Butter(in room temperature) – 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Clove Powder – a pinch
- Dry ginger powder – 1/8 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a baking tray (preferably oven-safe glass) with ghee and dust it with little whole wheat flour or line a baking tray with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- In another bowl add butter, apple sauce, sugar, water and beat well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- To this, add lime juice and give a stir.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to this wet mixture and mix gently. (Do not over mix as this will lead to a hard cake)
- Soon after mixing, place it in the oven and bake it for 30-40 mins or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool it completely before slicing.
Healthy and Tasty Eggless Apple Chocolate Cake is ready!
Treat your kids or guests with this Yummy Cake.
- You can replace Cinnamon powder with Vanilla powder.
- Watch out every 2-3 mins after 20mins of baking as each oven takes different time to cook.
- Do add the spice powders mentioned in the recipe to prevent the channel-clogging nature of cocoa.