Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Parwal/Pointed Gourd – 3 cups (Vertically Sliced)
- Brazil Nuts – 6(Soak overnight and shred)
- Ayurvedic Rasam Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – To taste
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds pop add asafoetida and saute for few seconds.
- Add parwal, salt & turmeric powder and cook covered on low-medium flame till the veggies are cooked.
- Add rasam powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add shredded Brazil nuts and mix well.
Tasty and healthy Subji is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for Roti-Dhal Combo or Sambar/Rasam Rice.
- Parwal pacifies Pitta & Kapha.
- Always soak nuts overnight to aid digestion.
- Brazil Nuts are rich in Selenium.