Drumstick & Cranberry Thokku
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Drumstick – 2 (cut into 2 inch piece)
- Fresh Cranberries – 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ayurvedic Sambar Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Steam drumstick pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add fennel seeds.
- Once the seeds crackle, add cranberries, turmeric powder, little salt and let it cook covered till the berries turn mushy.
- Add drumstick, little salt, sambar powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- Add little water if needed and let it cook covered on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the stove and garnish it with finely chopped cilantro.
Yummy Thokku is ready!
- Drumstick is nourishing as well as detoxing. It is generally not recommended for kids under 5 years of age.
- It is quite heating for High Pitta people.
- Have this thokku(in moderation as a side-dish) during cold weather to keep yourself warm.
- Drumstick leaves are even more detoxifying than the vegetable.