Sundakkai-Thengaai-Inji Pachadi | Turkey Berry-Coconut-Ginger Raitha
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Fresh Turkey Berries – around 15 (Lightly crush it & remove the seeds)
- Fresh shredded Coconut – 3 tbsp
- Peeled Fresh Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Chopped Cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Fresh Homemade Yogurt – 1 cup
- Homemade Masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Grind Coconut, ginger, masala powder & salt with warm water into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Let the seeds pop and then add prepared turkey berries.
- Fry it till it turns slightly crispy.
- Then add 2 tbsp water and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan and let it cool.
- Meanwhile beat yogurt and add cilantro, ground coconut paste and salt (if needed).
- Add cooked turkey berries to the yogurt and mix well.
Tasty and healthy Pachadi/Raitha is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for Roti, Pulav, Biryani or any Variety Rice.
This Raitha is quiet heavy. Have it only during lunch.