Makes: about 1 1/2 cup of pickle
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Finely chopped Green Mango – 3/4 cup
- Peeled & finely chopped ginger – 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped Fennel Bulb – 3/4 cup
- Lime Juice – 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Fenugreek Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Split mustard seeds/ Rai Kuria – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Mix all the ingredients in 1 tbsp sesame oil and let it cook on low flame till the veggies turn soft. Take care not to burn.
- Remove from flame and let it cool down.
- Mix in lime juice and 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Store it in a clean, dry glass jar.
Yummy Pickle is ready!
- High Pitta people can avoid this pickle.
- Pickles should be had only in little amount with meal to aid digestion. Eating more pickle will lead to Pitta disorders.