Vegetable Kurma | Mixed Veggies in Kiwi-Cilantro-Cashew Sauce | Side-dish for Roti/Paratha/Rice/Idli/Dosai
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Mixed Vegetables – 2 cups
- Raisins – 5
- Oil/ghee – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Masala Paste 1:
- Peeled Kiwi – 1
- Roughly chopped cilantro – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Ginger – 1″ pc
- Curry Leaves – few
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
Masala Paste 2:
- Cashews – 5 (Soaked overnight)
Masala Powder(Dry roast & Grind):
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2″ pc
- Clove – 1
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green Cardamom – 1
- Bay leaf – 1
- Kasoor methi – 1/4 tsp(add it only while grinding)
- Star Aniseed – a small piece
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch(add at the end while roasting)
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add raisins and saute for few seconds.
- Then add the masala paste 1 and cook for 5 minutes on low-medium flame. Add little water to avoid burning.
- Now add the veggies, enough water, salt and cook on low-medium flame till the veggies turn soft.
- Add cashew paste, masala powder and let it cook covered on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.
Healthy & Tasty Vegetable Kurma is ready!
Enjoy it as a side dish for roti, paratha, pulav or plain basmati rice.
- Choose vegetables and nuts that suits your body type.
- Kiwi is one of the best tomato substitutes.
- Pitta people can skip kiwi (if it is too sour) and can use Thai sweet tamarind for sourness. Also use either ginger or black pepper for spiciness (in lesser amount). Don’t add both. It might be too heating.
- You can substitute cashews with soaked and peeled almonds.