Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Mashed Green Banana/Plantain – 1 cup (Peeled , steamed until mushy & then mashed)
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Finely chopped cilantro – 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp (dry roasted)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp (dry roasted)
- Ajwain – a pinch (dry roasted)
- Fresh shredded coconut – 3 tbsp
- Chopped Lemongrass – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh ginger – 3 “piece
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- In a pan, add mashed plantain, masala paste, salt, 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Let it cook covered on low-medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let the seeds pop and then add curry leaves.
- Saute for few seconds and add it to the curry.
- Garnish it with finely chopped cilantro.
Yummy Curry is ready! Serve warm with plain Basmati rice – Rasam combo.
- This dish is quite heavy. Hence I would suggest having it only occasionally.
- Green banana/Plantain aggravates Vata. Coconut aggravates Kapha.
- This recipe is best for Pitta but should be eaten only occasionally to avoid Vata/Kapha imbalance.
- Lemongrass, ginger and other spices helps to digest better.
- Have it only during lunch when the digestion is at the peek.