Golden Rice | Basmati Rice cooked with aromatic spices
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Basmati Rice – 1 1/4 cup
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Saffron – a pinch(soak in 2 tbsp of water for 30 mins)
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Clove – 1
- Green cardamom – 1
- Salt – to taste
- Soak rice for 30 mins.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cardamom, clove and bay leaf.
- Saute for few seconds and add soaked rice, turmeric and saute for a minute on medium flame.
- Add 3 cups water, saffron, salt and mix well.
- Let it come to a brisk boil and then cook it covered slightly ajar until done.
- Switch off the flame and mix it gently.
Tasty & healthy aromatic rice is ready!
Serve it with any dhal.
Saffron is Tridoshic in moderation.