Buckwheat Porridge | Healthy Breakfast Recipe
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Organic Non-Homogenized Whole Milk – 1 cup (or more to get the desired consistency)
- Buckwheat – 1/2 cup (Dry roasted and soaked overnight)
- Water – 3 cups
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- Dry ginger Powder – a pinch
- Succanat or Powdered Palm candy – to taste (Optional)
- Boil buckwheat with 3 cups of water until mushy.
- Meanwhile boil milk with cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom powder till froth appears on top.
- Switch off the stove and add dry ginger powder, sweetener of your choice that suits your body type.
- Now add boiled milk to buckwheat and mix well.
- Let it cool down slightly to warm temperature and enjoy it for your breakfast.
Healthy Buckwheat Porridge is ready!
- Buckwheat pacifies Kapha but aggravates Vata and Pitta.
- Milk pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha.
- Spices used in this recipe helps to balance the dish and to metabolize sugar and digest the protein in milk.
- Kapha people can add little more dry ginger.