Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Samba Rice or Basmati Rice – 1 1/4 cup
- Sweet corn kernels – 1/2 cup
- Crumbled Fresh Paneer – 1/2 cup
- White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Soak rice for 30 mins and boil it with little salt.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add sweet corn and turmeric powder and cook it covered on low-medium flame until soft.
- Then add crumbled paneer, cumin powder, white pepper powder, salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Let it cook covered on low flame for 5 minute.
- Add boiled rice and cilantro to this mixture and give it a gentle mix.
- Switch off the flame and let it sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tasty & healthy rice dish with subtle flavor is ready!
We enjoyed it with Steamed Veggies in Ginger-Lemongrass Sauce.
Paneer pacifies Pitta and Vata but aggravates Kapha.