Nagaimo is the best healthy potato substitute. I am sure you will never miss potato after tasting this dish. Read the health benefits of Nagaimo here.
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Peeled & Chopped Nagaimo – 1/2 cup
- Chopped carrots – 1/2 cup
- Boiled Kala Channa – 1 cup
- Shredded Ginger – 1 tsp
- Homemade Masala Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice – 2 tsp
- Ghee or Sesame oil – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – To taste
- Steam nagaimo and carrots until soft. Roughly mash the veggies and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Let the seeds pop and then add cumin seeds, ajwain and asafoetida. Saute for few seconds.
- Add veggies, kala channa, turmeric powder,ginger, masala powder, 1/2 cup water, salt and cook covered in low-medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Switch off the flame and add lime juice and finely chopped cilantro before serving.
Tasty and healthy Curry is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for Roti/ Rice/Idli or Dosai.