This is a preservative-free nourishing almond milkshake with aromatic digestive spices.
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Organic Non-Homogenized Milk – 1/2 cup
- Blanched Almond Powder – 1 tbsp (soak almonds overnight, peel, pat dry and grind)
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Dry ginger Powder – a pinch
- Succanat or Powdered Palm candy or raw cane sugar – to taste
- Saffron – a small pinch (Crush it into a fine powder)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Mix milk with water and boil it with cinnamon, turmeric, saffron and cardamom powder till froth appears on top.
- Switch off the stove and add dry ginger powder, almond powder, palm candy powder or any natural sweetener that suits your body type.
- Mix well and cover it.
- Let it cool down slightly to warm temperature and enjoy sip by sip 🙂
Healthy Almond Milkshake is ready!
- Peeled Almond are Tridoshic (in moderation for Kapha)
- Saffron is Tridoshic.
- Spices used in this recipe helps to metabolize sugar and digest the protein in milk.