Choose Organic ingredients whenever possible.
Makes 6 parathas
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Finely shredded White Daikon Radish – 1 cup (Squeeze it to remove excess water)
- Finely shredded Mango-Ginger – 2 tbsp
- Roasted chickpea flour(Sattu) – 2 tbsp
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup (Finely chopped)
- Kasoori Methi – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/4 tsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Amchur powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tbsp + To make parathas
- Salt – to taste
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, ajwain, Kalonji, little salt(optional) and enough water to make a smooth dough.
- Let it rest for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix rest of the ingredients except oil and make small balls of it.
- Take a small portion of the dough and make a smooth ball of it.
- Roll the parathas into a small disc in such a way that the corners are thin and the center is thick. (Your hands will do this job best).
- Place the stuffing in the center, cover it and make a smooth ball.
- Repeat for the rest of the mixture and let this rest for a min.
- Roll the paratha semi-thick/thin by dusting some dry flour.
- Heat an iron griddle and in medium flame, cook the paratha by smearing little oil/ ghee on both sides.
- Cook till you see some light brown spots on both sides.
- Serve it hot
Healthy and flavorful Radish and Mango-Ginger Parathas are ready!