Makes around 10 phulkas
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Ghee – To apply on phulkas
- Water – as needed to make dough
- Salt – to taste
To Grind into a fine paste:
- Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/8 tsp
- Thai Green Chili – 1 (Deseeded)
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- In a bowl add whole wheat flour, ground paste, little salt and enough water to make a smooth dough.
- Let it rest for 30 mins.
- Take a small portion of the dough and make a smooth ball of it.
- Roll the roti slightly thin circles by dusting some dry flour.
- Heat an iron griddle and in medium flame, cook the roti on one side till some small bubbles appears.
- Then flip the side and let it cook till some brown spots appears.
- Then place the other side of the roti on a phulka grill and place it an inch or so above the flame. Roti will puff up like a balloon (if you had rolled it evenly 😉 )
- Remove from flame and apply melted ghee.
Healthy, tasty and soft Pudhina Phulkas are ready!
Enjoy these phulkas with any curry or dhal.