Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Thinly Sliced Ivy Gourd – 3 cups
- Broken Cashews – few
- Soaked Raisins – few
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Homemade Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add fennel seeds, cashews, raisins and Asafoetida. Saute for few seconds.
- Add sliced ivy gourd, masala powder, black pepper powder, salt & turmeric powder and cook covered in low-medium flame till the veggies turn soft.
- Switch off the flame and add lime juice before serving.
Tasty and healthy Kovakkaai Poriyal is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for Roti/ Rice.