Okra Paneer Subji | Easy Side-dish recipe
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Okra – 2 cups (Cut into 1 ” pieces)
- Roughly shredded Fresh paneer – 1 cup
- Shredded Ginger – 1 tsp
- Homemade Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice – 2 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – To taste
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add fennel seeds and Asafoetida. Saute for few seconds.
- Add okra & turmeric powder and cook covered in low-medium flame till the veggies turn soft.
- Then add paneer, masala powder, shredded ginger, salt and mix well.
- Cook it covered in low flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Switch off the flame and add lime juice before serving.
Tasty and healthy Okra and Paneer Subji is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for Roti/ Rice.
- Okra is Tridoshic. It is a good memory-booster and has a pre-biotic property too.
- Paneer pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha.