Snap Peas and Asparagus Subji
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Tender Asparagus – 1 1/2 cups (Cut into 1 ” pieces)
- Snap Peas – 1 1/2 cups (Thinly sliced)
- Toasted White Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – To taste
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add all the ingredients and cook covered in low-medium flame till the veggie turns soft. (Add little water to avoid burning)
- Switch off the flame and add toasted sesame seeds.
- Mix well and serve warm as a side-dish or salad.
Tasty Snap Peas and Asparagus is ready!
- Asparagus is Tridoshic. Make sure to cook both the veggies completely to prevent Vata aggravation.
- Sesame Seeds are rich in Calcium.