Banana Flower Paratha | Vaazhaippoo Paratha
Choose Organic ingredients whenever possible.
Makes 10 small parathas
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat flour – 1 3/4 cup
- Finely chopped Banana Flower – 1 1/2 cups (take only the florets, remove the stem and the thick petal, then chop and lightly steam)
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup (Finely chopped)
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/4 tsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Amchur powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tbsp + To make parathas
- Salt – to taste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients including 1 tbsp melted ghee/oil and mix well.
- Add water little at a time and make a smooth (but not sticky) dough. Smear little oil/ghee on the dough and let it rest for at least 20 mins.
- Take a small portion of the dough and make a smooth ball of it.
- Roll the parathas semi thick/ thin by dusting some dry flour.
- Heat an iron griddle and in medium flame, cook the paratha by smearing little oil/ ghee on both sides.
- Cook till you see some golden brown spots on both sides.
- Serve it hot
Healthy Banana Flower Parathas are ready!
We enjoyed these yummy parathas with Ivy Gourd Subji and Dhal.