Carrot & Brazil Nut Subji | Simple Cooked Salad
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Finely chopped Carrots – 3 cups
- Brazil Nuts – 4 (Soaked and Finely chopped)
- Shredded ginger – 1 tsp
- Amla/Indian gooseberry powder – 1/4 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dhal- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – To taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds pop, add cumin seeds, urad dhal, asafoetida and saute for few seconds in low flame.
- Then add carrots, ginger, turmeric powder, little salt and cook covered in medium flame till the veggie turns soft. (Add little water to avoid burning)
- Remove from flame and add amla powder and finely chopped brazil nuts.
- Mix well and serve warm as a side-dish or salad.
Tasty Carrot & Brazil Nut Subji is ready!
- Brazil Nuts are rich in Selenium.
- Soaking any nuts before consumption helps in better digestion.
- Cooked carrot is Tridoshic.
- Chop the Brazil Nuts very fine so that it blends with carrot and tastes great.