Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Fresh Cranberries – 1/4 cup
- Fresh Cilantro – 10 sprigs
- Shredded Mango-Ginger/Maanga Inji – 1 tbsp
- Boiled Toor Dhal(Yellow Pigeon peas) water – 1 cup
- Boiled & Mashed Toor dhal – 1 tbsp
- Ayurvedic Rasam Powder – 2 tsp (or to taste)
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Water – as needed to get rasam(thin soup) consistency
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5
- Salt – to taste
- Grind cranberries & cilantro into a fine paste.
- In a pan, add toor dhal water, turmeric powder, ground paste, water (as needed), salt and let it boil in medium flame till froth appears on top.
- Add rasam powder and let it boil in low flame for a minute.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida and saute for 3-4 seconds in low flame.
- Add it to rasam.
- Switch off the flame, add shredded MaangaInji/Mango-ginger and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Tasty and healthy Maanga Inji Rasam is ready!
Enjoy it with plain rice or as a soup!
Always let the rasam cook covered to retain aroma and Prana.