Here is a healthy and tasty soup cooked in a slow-cooker. Assemble all the ingredients in the slow cooker previous night and switch it on(Low). The aroma of this soup will wake you up early next morning to enjoy this comforting healthy soup for your breakfast.
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Barley – 1/4 cup
- Whole Green Gram Lentil – 1/2 cup
- Amaranth grain – 1/4 cup
- Chopped Carrots – 1/2 cup
- Homemade masala powder1 – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Water – 6 cups
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Crushed black pepper – 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Salt – to taste
- Dry roast the lentil, barley and amaranth and rinse it well.
- In a slow-cooker, add all the ingredients except lime juice.
- Turn on the slow-cooker on low and let it cook for 7-8 hrs(or until done).
- Turn off the cooker and add lime juice before serving.
- Serve warm!
Healthy and tasty Soup is Ready!
- Cooked carrot in tridoshic.
- Barley aggravates Vata but pacifies Pitta and Kapha.
- Amaranth grain pacifies Pitta and is OK in moderation for Vata and Kapha.
- Green gram lentil is tridoshic(in moderation for Kapha).
- Replace any grain or veggies which suits your body type.