Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Thick Pesarattu batter – as needed to make around 8 idlis
- Walnuts – 5 pcs (Chopped roughly)
- Pine nuts – 1 tbsp
- Soaked raisins – 1 tbsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Oil/Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Make around 8 idlis using the thick pesarattu batter. The idlies will not be soft and its ok if it is bit hard for this recipe.
- Let the idlis cool down and then cut them into small cubes.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan and add curry leaves, walnuts, pine nuts and fry it for few seconds.
- Then add raisins, sambar powder, masala powder, curry leaves, salt and give it a mix.
- Now add the pesarattu cubes and mix well.
- Let it cook covered in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the stove, add yogurt and give it a nice mix.
- Garnish it with finely chopped cilantro and serve warm.
Quick, healthy and tasty tiffin is ready!
Serve it as an after-school snack for your kids and I’m sure they will love it.