Steamed Veggies in Ginger-Lemongrass Sauce
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Chopped Mixed Veggies – 3 cups (I used Carrots, Broccoli, Snow peas, cabbage, Zucchini)
- Arrow root powder – 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Thick tamarind water – 1 tbsp (squeezed from a 2″ pc tamarind)
- Succanat or brown sugar – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – To taste
To grind into a smooth saucy consistency:
- Ginger – a big lemon-sized (Chop it roughly to grind easily)
- Lemon grass – 1 (roughly chopped)
- Enough water to grind
- Steam the veggies and keep it aside.
- Squeeze the ground mixture as much as possible to get good amount of juice and add 1 cup of water to it.
- Mix in sesame oil, arrow root powder, succanat, salt, turmeric powder to get a lump-free sauce.
- In a pan, add the sauce and add more water and cook in low-medium flame, stirring continuously till the raw smell goes off. The sauce thickens up faster, so add enough water in the beginning. (Dont cook longer else the sauce will turn bitter)
- Switch off the stove and mix in the steamed veggies and serve hot with plain rice.
Healthy Steamed Veggies in Ginger-Lemongrass sauce is ready! Warming side-dish for this cold weather.
- Choose veggies according to your body type.
- The sauce thickens up faster. Its better to have this dish soon after preparation.