Kale & Sweet Potato Curry | Side-dish for Roti/ Paratha
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Peeled and Cubed Sweet Potato – 1 1/2 cups
- Blanched & Finely chopped Kale leaves – 2 cups
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Shredded ginger – 1 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
To grind(Masala Powder):
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Maze – 2 small pcs
- Cinnamon – 1/2 ” pc
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Clove – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Amchur Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaf seeds. Saute till the leaf gets lightly fried and then add sweet potatoes, shredded ginger, masala powder, little salt and cook covered in medium flame till the veggie turns soft. (Add little water to avoid burning)
- Now add kale leaves and mix well.
- Add little water (to get a semi-gravy consistency) and salt.
- Cook covered in low-medium flame for 5 mins.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with roti.
Healthy Kale and Sweet Potato Curry is ready!
- Kale pacifies Pitta & Kapha. Sweet Potato pacifies Vata & Pitta.
- The combination of Kale and Sweet potato with the spices makes this dish tridoshic.