Makes 10 Biscotti
Choose Organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Spelt Flour – 1 cup
- Powdered Succanat – 1/3 cup (For medium sweetness)
- Roughly Chopped Slivered Almonds – 1/2 cup
- Almond Milk – 1/4 cup
- Almond Butter – 3 tbsp
- Arrowroot Powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Aluminium-Free Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger powder – 1/2 tsp
- White/Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Orange Oil – few drops (Optional)
- Melted Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an oven-safe glass baking tray or line a baking tray with unbleached parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Mix all the powdered dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well to form a dough. (Its OK if it is slightly sticky. If it is very sticky, add more flour)
- Place the dough in the baking tray by slightly flattening it and bake for 20 mins or till the sides turn crisp. (Take care not to burn).
- Then remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 mins and slice it to desired thickness.
- Place the slices on its sides and bake in 300F for 15 mins approx. or till the biscottis turn crispy. (Change sides for even baking)
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely to turn crispy.
Healthy and tasty Almond Biscottis are ready!
Enjoy it as a tea time snack or as a travel snack.
- Enjoy these cookies occasionally and in moderation.
- Vata people should avoid any dry snack especially in the Fall season.