Makes: around 12
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Mashed Boiled Rice – 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped Veggies – 1/2 cup (I used carrots & cabbage)
- Broken Nuts – 1/8 cup
- Ragi Flour – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Mint – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Crushed Kasoori Methi – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Shredded Ginger – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + For shallow frying
- Salt – to taste
- Mix all the ingredients with 1 tbsp oil and little water(if needed) to make a soft(but not sticky) dough.
- Heat a paniyaaram pan and add little oil in each mould.
- Make a small, smooth ball out of the mixture and place these balls in the paniyaram pan and let it cook till it turns golden brown. (Keep rotating the balls to cook evenly)
Easy, tasty and healthy Rice & Veggie Balls are ready!
Treat your kids or guests with this yummy guilt-free snack with any chutney!
- Choose the veggies which suits your body type. Make sure to shred the veggie or chop it finely so that it cooks perfectly and doesn’t stay raw. Raw carrots and cabbage aggravates Vata dosha.
- Replace Ragi Flour with Roasted Chickpea Flour(Sattu) or Jowar flour.