Yet another pulav recipe which is more like a biriyani but not over-powering of spices.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Basmati Rice – 1 1/4 cups (soak for 20-30 mins)
- Fenugreek Leaves – 2 cups (Loosely Packed)
- Green gram – 1/2 cup (Soak overnight)
- Bay leaf – 1
- Green cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon – 1″pc
- Clove – 2
- Maze – 1
- Green chilly – 1
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pan and add bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, maze and saute in low flame for few seconds.
- Add fenugreek leaves, soaked green gram, masala paste, green chilly and cook in medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add soaked rice, 3 1/2 cups water, salt and mix well.
- Let it come to a brisk boil.
- Cook it covered in low flame for 20 mins or till the rice is completely cooked.
- Once cooked, mix gently and serve.
Healthy and tasty Pulav is ready! Enjoy it with any raitha.