Banana Flower and Sweet Potato Balls | A Guilt-Free Snack
Makes: around 20
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Mashed Sweet Potato – 1/2 cup (Steamed, peeled and mashed)
- Finely chopped Banana Flower – 1 1/2 cups (take only the florets, remove the stem and the thick petal, then chop and steam)
- Kala Channa Besan – 2 tbsp
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Cilantro – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Mint – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Oil – For shallow frying
- Salt – to taste
- Mix all the ingredients with little water(if needed) and make a soft(but not sticky) dough.
- Heat a paniyaaram pan and add little oil in each mould.
- Make a small, smooth ball out of the mixture and place these balls in the paniyaram pan and let it cook till it turns golden brown. (Keep rotating the balls to cook evenly)
Tasty and healthy Banana flower and Sweet potato Balls are ready!
Treat your kids or guests with this yummy guilt-free snack with any chutney!