Drumstick Leaves and Paneer Pulav
This recipe is more like a biriyani but not over-powering of spices. Healthy rice dish with subtle flavors.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Basmati Rice – 1 1/2 cups (soak for 20-30 mins)
- Drumstick Leaves – 1 1/2 cups (Loosely Packed)
- Fresh Paneer cubes – 1 cup
- Cashews – 4
- Bay leaf – 1
- Green cardamom – 1
- Cinnamon – 1″pc
- Clove – 2
- Maze – 1
- Green chilli – 1
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Heat ghee (or ghee with little Olive oil by warming ghee first) in a pan and add bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, maze, cashews and saute in low flame for few seconds.
- Add the drumstick leaves, masala paste, green chilli and cook in medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add soaked rice, 3 cups water, salt and mix well.
- Let it come to a brisk boil.
- Then add the paneer cubes, and cook it covered in low flame for 20 mins or till the rice is completely cooked.
- Once cooked, mix gently and serve.
Healthy and tasty Drumstick Leaves and Paneer Pulav is ready!
- Read the health benefits of Drumstick Leaves here.
- Paneer pacifies Pitta and Vata but aggravates Kapha. Drumstick Leaves and paneer combination balances the dish.