Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Makes: 7 Muffins
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Kiwi Puree – 1 cup
- Succanat or Raw Cane sugar – 1/3 cup
- Oil/Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Aluminium-Free Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Fruits – 1/4 cup (optional. I used dried blueberries)
- Salt – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – a pinch
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Clove Powder – a pinch
- Dry ginger powder – a pinch
- Kalonji Powder – a pinch
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
- In a bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients and mix well. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add oil/ghee,kiwi puree, sugar, spice mixture and beat well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to this wet mixture and mix gently. (Do not over mix as this will lead to a hard muffins)
- Gently fold in the dry fruits.
- Soon after mixing, place it in the oven and bake it for 20-25 mins or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool it on a wire rack.
Spongy, Healthy and Tasty Eggless Whole wheat Kiwi muffins are ready!
- Watch out every 2-3 mins after 10 mins of baking as each oven takes different time to cook.
- Muffins are quite heavy. Enjoy it in moderation. Do add the spice powders mentioned in the recipe which helps in better digestion.