Do you hate bitter gourd? If yes, I am sure you’ll start loving this healthy vegetable after tasting this recipe.
Sorry for not uploading the pic. I was in a hurry and totally forgot to take a pic. I will surely upload the picture when I make this recipe next time.
Ingredients: (Visit English-Tamil-Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Finely chopped bitter-gourd – 1 1/2 cups (Remove the seeds as the seeds may not digest well)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Finely chopped Cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Fresh curry leaves – 5
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Dried Pineapple rings – 5 (Soak overnight or for atleast 5 hrs) or Fresh pineapple cubes – 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Fresh ginger – 1″pc or Black pepper – 3/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan and add bitter gourd, little turmeric powder and salt.
- Cook it covered in low-medium flame till the bitter gourd turns soft.
- Add the masala paste, salt, little water to get a thick gravy consistency and mix well.
- Let it cook covered till the raw smell goes off.
- Remove from flame and add finely chopped cilantro and curry leaves.
Yummy Bitter gourd in Pineapple Sauce is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for roti, paratha, variety rice, idli or dosai.
- Bittergourd pacifies Pitta and Kapha but aggravates Vata.
- Sweet Pineapple pacifies Vata and Pitta(in moderation) but aggravates Kapha.