Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Cauliflower Florets – 15 (Soak in hot water with little turmeric and salt for 5 mins)
- Sweet Corn – 1/3 cup
- Kiwi Fruit – 1
- Sattu flour(Roasted chickpea flour) – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Crushed Kasoori methi – 1 tsp (Soak in water for 2 mins)
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1 (2″ pc)
- Clove – 1
- Star aniseed – 1 small piece
- Kalonji – 1/8 tsp
- Green cardamom – 1
- Thai Green Chili – 1
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Puree kiwi fruit and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan and add the seasoning ingredients and fry it for few seconds in low-medium flame.
- Add kiwi puree and saute for 2 mins in low-medium flame.
- Add cauliflower, sweet corn, coriander power, cumin powder, turmeric powder, salt, 1 1/2 cups of water and mix well.
- Let it cook covered in medium flame till the veggies turn soft.
- Mix sattu flour in 1/4 cup water and add it to the cooking mixture.
- Add kasoori methi and mix well.
- Saute and let it cook for few mins till the raw smell of the sattu flour leaves.
- Remove from flame and garnish it with cilantro.
Tasty Cauliflower and Corn in Kiwi Sauce is ready! 🙂
Enjoy it as a side-dish for rice, roti, paratha or even with Idiyaappam.
- Cooked cauliflower in tridoshic (For Vata in moderation with proper spices)
- Corn pacifies Kapha but slightly aggravates Vata and Pitta(can enjoy occasionally with proper spices)
- Kiwi aggravates Pitta and Kapha.