Kiwi and Ber Fruit Pickle | Kiwi Ilandham pazham Urugaai
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Kiwi Fruit – 3 (Roughly mash)
- Ber Fruit – 7 (Finely chopped)
- Amla/Indian Gooseberry Powder – 1 tsp
- White Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Split mustard seeds/ Rai Kuria – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup + 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients in 2 tsp oil and let it cook in medium flame just till the fruits turn soft.
- Remove from flame and let it cool down.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil and mix well.
- Store it in a clean, dry glass jar.
- Refrigerate it and use within a week.
Yummy Kiwi and Ber Fruit Pickle is ready!
- High Pitta people can avoid this pickle.
- Pickles should be had only in little amount with meal to aid digestion. Eating more pickle will lead to Pitta disorders.
- You can substitute Gooseberry powder with 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice. In that case add it after the pickle has cooled down and mix well.