Makes: around 50 small biscuits
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Ghee or Butter – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – as needed to make a smooth dough
- Salt – to taste
Ingredients to grind into a coarse powder:
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain – 1 tsp
- Succanat or raw cane sugar – 3 tbsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except yogurt and mix well.
- Add yogurt little at a time and mix until you get chapati/roti dough consistency.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Roll the dough into a thin roti by dusting some dry flour.
- Cut into desired shape and arrange them on a greased baking tray. Make small holes with a fork so that the biscuits wont puff up and become soft inside. (We need crispy biscuits)
- Bake till the edges turn light brown.
- Cool it on a wire rack to get crispy biscuits.
Healthy and Tasty Whole Wheat Spiced Biscuits are ready!
Treat your kids or guests with this healthy snack.