Horsegram Tapioca Paratha
Choose Organic ingredients whenever possible.
Makes 10 small parathas
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat flour – 3/4 cup
- Roasted Horsegram flour – 1/3 cup
- Tapioca Flour – 1/2 cup
- Mint Leaves – 1/4 cup (Finely chopped)
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup (Finely chopped)
- Crushed coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/4 tsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Amchur powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil/ Ghee – 2 tbsp + To make parathas
- Salt – to taste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Add hot water little at a time and make a smooth (but not sticky) dough. Smear little oil/ghee on the dough and let it rest for at least 20 mins.
- Take a small portion of the dough and make a smooth ball of it.
- Roll the parathas semi thick/ thin by dusting some dry flour.
- Heat an iron griddle and in medium flame, cook the paratha by smearing little oil/ ghee on both sides.
- Cook till you see some golden brown spots on both sides.
- Serve it hot
Healthy Parathas are ready!
We enjoyed these yummy parathas with Okra Masoor dhal(Recipe coming soon).
- Read the health benefits of horsegram here.
- Always have horse gram with any of the following: Tapioca, Barley, Okra, Arrowroot, Taro root.