Choose Organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Finely chopped Raw Mango – 1/2 cup
- Fresh paneer cubes – 1/2 cup
- Sweet Corn – 1/3 cup
- Thai Green Chilly – 1
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil/Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 (2″ pc)
- Star Aniseed – 1
- Clove – 2
- Cardamom – 1
- Kalonji – 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the seasoning ingredients.
- Saute them in low-medium flame.
- Then add raw mango, sweet corn, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, green chilly, little water and saute.
- Let it cook covered till the mango turns soft and corn is completely cooked.
- Add paneer, salt, enough water to get gravy consistency and let it cook covered in medium flame for 4-5 mins.
- Remove from flame and garnish it with finely chopped cilantro.
Tasty & Easy gravy is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for roti, paratha or plain rice.
- Paneer pacifies vata and pitta but aggravates kapha.
- Cooked corn is Tridoshic.
- Raw Mango pacifies Vata but aggravates Pitta. The addition of Paneer and corn balances the recipe.