Eggless Whole Wheat Banana and Dried Cherry Cake
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Mashed Ripe Bananas – 2 cups (Use Small variety bananas. Larger ones are channel-clogging)
- Dried Cherries – 1/4 cup (Soak for atleast 4 hrs and roughly chop)
- Sunflower seeds – 1 tbsp
- Succanat or Raw Cane sugar – 1/4 cup (adjust the quantity based on the sweetness of banana)
- Oil – 2/3 cup
- Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Organic Lemon Oil – 3 drops(Optional)
- Salt – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Clove Powder – a pinch
- Dry ginger powder – 1/8 tsp
- Kalonji Powder – a pinch
- Dried Rose Petal Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a baking tray (preferably oven-safe glass) with ghee and dust it with little whole wheat flour or line a baking tray with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients, add cherries, sun flower seeds and mix well. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add oil, mashed bananas, sugar, spice mixture,lemon oil and beat well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to this wet mixture and mix gently. (Do not over mix as this will lead to a hard cake)
- Soon after mixing, place it in the oven and bake it for 40-45 mins or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool it completely before slicing.
Spongy, Healthy and Tasty Banana and Dried Cherry Cake is ready!
Treat your kids or guests with this Yummy Cake.
- Watch out every 2-3 mins after 20mins of baking as each oven takes different time to cook.
- Cakes are quite heavy. Do add the spice powders mentioned in the recipe which helps in better digestion.