Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/2 cups (or use half spelt flour)
- Fresh Blueberries – 1 cup
- Succanat or Raw Cane sugar – 1/3 cup (for mildly sweet muffins)
- Oil/Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Aluminium-Free Baking Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Organic Orange Oil – 3 drops(Optional)
- Salt – a pinch
- Cinnamon powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Clove Powder – a pinch
- Dry ginger powder – 1/8 tsp
- Kalonji Powder – a pinch
- Dried Rose Petal Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
- In a bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients and mix well. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add oil, buttermilk, sugar, spice mixture, orange oil and beat well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to this wet mixture and mix gently. (Do not over mix as this will lead to a hard muffins)
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Soon after mixing, place it in the oven and bake it for 20-25 mins or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool it on a wire rack.
Spongy, Healthy and Tasty Whole wheat blueberry muffin is ready!
- Watch out every 2-3 mins after 15 mins of baking as each oven takes different time to cook.
- Muffins are quite heavy. Enjoy it in moderation. Do add the spice powders mentioned in the recipe which helps in better digestion.