Beetroot Quinoa Soup | Tridoshic Soup
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Chopped Beetroot – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Asparagus – 1/4 cup
- Quinoa – 2 tbsp
- Almonds – 4 (Soaked and peeled)
- Water – 3 cups
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Fresh ginger – 1″pc
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Crushed Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp (or to taste)
- Salt – to taste
- Heat ghee in a sauce pan and in low-medium flame add cumin seeds and ajwain. Saute till the seeds pop.
- Add the chopped veggies, quinoa and saute for a minute.
- Add water, turmeric powder, ginger, salt and let it cook covered in low-medium flame till the veggies turn soft and quinoa is completely cooked.
- Remove from flame and strain it (dont discard this water. use it later to dilute the soup).
- Grind it with soaked nuts into a smooth paste. Add water as needed.
- Sprinkle little crushed pepper, ghee and serve it warm.
Tridoshic Beetroot Quinoa soup is ready!
- Cooked Beetroot and Asparagus are Tridoshic.
- Quinoa is tridoshic (for Kapha in moderation)
- Soak nuts for at-least 4 hrs for better digestion