Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Rolled Oats – 1 cup
- Spelt Flour – 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
- Aluminium-Free Baking powder – 2 1/4 tsp
- Melted Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Buttermilk – 3/4 – 1 cup (as needed to make a dough)
- Applesauce – 1/2 cup
- White Sesame seeds – 1 tsp (to sprinkle on top)
- Salt – to taste
- Clove – 2
- Cinnamon – 1″ pc
- Green Cardamom – 1 (only the seeds)
- Dried Rose Petals – 2 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/2 tsp
- Succanat – 2 tbsp
- Powder the oats and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a bread pan (preferable glassware).
- Grind the ingredients given under “Spice Powder” into a fine powder.
- Mix all the dry ingredients including the spice powder and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and gently knead to form a smooth (but not sticky) dough.
- Fold the dough into the bread pan.
- Brush little ghee on top and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake it till the toothpick comes out clean. (It took around 25 mins of baking time in my oven)
- Cool it completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Healthy and Tasty Spiced Bread is ready!