Paneer Dhal | Side-dish for Roti/Paratha/ Rice
Ingredients: (Visit English-Tamil-Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Red Lentils – 3/4 cup
- Paneer Cubes – around 15
- Finely chopped cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
For Masala Paste:
- Sweet Tamarind Juice – 1/4 cup (Thick Juice extracted from a 3″pc sweet tamarind)
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- All-Spice Powder – a pinch
- Crushed Kasoori Methi – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1″ pc
- Clove – 2
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Green Cardamom – 1
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Thai Green Chilli – 1
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Soak red lentils for atleast 4 hrs and boil it with a pinch of ajwain until mushy.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the seasoning ingredients and fry it in low flame for few seconds.
- Add the masala paste and saute in medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add boiled and mashed lentils, salt, enough water and let it cook in medium flame till it comes to a boil.
- Add panner cubes and let it cook covered in low flame for 2 mins.
- Remove from flame and add finely chopped cilantro.
Healthy and tasty Paneer Dhal is ready!
Enjoy it as a side-dish for Roti, Paratha or Jeera rice.
- Soaking lentils before boiling will aid better digestion.
- Red Lentil is tridoshic (For Vata in moderation).
- Panner pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha.