Makes: 12 small pancakes
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Ragi Flour – 1/4 cup
- Amaranth Flour – 1/4 cup
- Toasted Black Chickpea Flour (Sattu ka atta) – 1/4 cup
- Shredded Carrots – 1/4 cup
- Shredded Zucchini – 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Curry Leaves – few
- Shredded Ginger – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Ajwain – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Sucanat/ raw cane sugar – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Salt – To taste
- Oil/ Ghee – as needed to make pancake
- Thick Buttermilk – as needed
- Add all the ingredients except ghee and make a semi-thick batter(slightly thinner than south-indian Adai batter)
- Let this batter rest for 15 mins.
- Heat a dosa tawa, add little oil and rub the pan all over with a paper towel.
- Pour a ladle full of batter(It will spread little on its own) and add ghee.
- Cook it in medium flame(preferable covered) till one side turns golden brown.
- Flip it over, drizzle little ghee and cook the other side too.
- Serve it warm.
Healthy and Tasty Multigrain Savory Pancake is ready!
Enjoy it as such or with coconut chutney!
- Zucchini is good for Vata & Pitta but aggravates Kapha.
- Cooked carrot is Tridoshic.
- Millets pacify Kapha but aggravates Vata and Pitta.
- Amaranth is Tridoshic(in moderation for Vata and Kapha)
- Toasted Black Chickpeas pacifies Pitta and Kapha but slightly aggravates Vata. Still it is better than Garbanzo Beans.