Peas ‘n Paneer Wrap | Cranberry and Fennel Flavored “Peas and Panner Subji” Wrapped in Amaranth Roti (Using Amaranth Grain)
Makes: 4 medium-sized wraps
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Amaranth Masala rotis* – 4 (See Notes for ingredients)
- Fresh Panner – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Green Peas – 1/4 cup
- Fresh Cranberries – 1/4 cup
- Fennel Bulbs – 1/2 cup (Finely chopped)
- Large Avocado – 1 (Sliced)
- Toasted Charole nut – 1 tbsp
- Toasted Sunflower seeds – 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1/8 tsp
- White Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Shredded Fresh ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped Cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Grind cranberry and fennel bulbs into a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add fennel seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Then add fresh peas, little salt, turmeric powder, ginger and cook till the peas turn soft.
- Add ground paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder, pepper powder and saute till the raw smell goes off. (Add little water to get a thick saucy consistency)
- Add panner and mix well.
- Let it cook covered in very low flame for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add finely chopped cilantro, toasted charole nut and sunflower seeds.
- Take a roti and add 2 tbsp(or more) of paneer subji, few avocado slices. Roll it up tightly and insert a toothpick to remain sealed or wrap it with an unbleached parchment paper.
Tasty and healthy Peas ‘n Paneer Wrap is ready!
- For Amaranth roti dough, mix 3/4 cup Amaranth flour, 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, a pinch of kalonji, ajwain, turmeric powder, salt, 1 tsp oil, 1 tbsp crushed kasoori methi, enough water and make a smooth(but not sticky) dough. After resting for 20 mins, make thin rotis.)
- Cooked Green Peas is tridoshic. Half-cooked peas will aggravate Vata (which will lead to gassiness/bloating/constipation).
- Paneer and Avocado pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha
- Amaranth grain in Tridoshic. (For Vata and Kapha in moderation).
- Cranberry pacifies Kapha but aggravates Pitta and Vata.
- Fennel in Tridoshic.(For Kapha in moderation)