Quinoa Masala Upma | Healthy Breakfast/Dinner Recipe
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Quinoa (White) – 1 cup (Soak for 30 mins)
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 4-5
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Sucanat/cane sugar – 1/2 tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
To Dry Roast & Grind into a corse powder:
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dhal – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dhal – 1/2 tsp
- Dry coconut – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1/2″ pc
- Clove – 1
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds splutter, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, and saute for few seconds in low-medium flame.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, succanat, turmeric powder and let it come to a brisk boil.
- Add quinoa, masala powder and mix well.
- Reduce the flame to low and let it cook till quinoa turns fluffy.
- Switch off the flame and garnish it with finely chopped cilantro. (I forgot to add 😉 )
Healthy and Tasty Quinoa Masala upma is ready!
Enjoy it for breakfast or dinner.
- Quinoa is Tridoshic. (For Kapha in moderation)