Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Fresh Turkey Berry – 20 pcs (Crush it roughly and remove the seeds) Read the health benefits of Sundakkaai here
- Boiled and mashed Red Lentil dhal – 3/4 cup
- Thick juice of sweet tamarind – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – 5
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Ayurvedic Sambar powder – 1 tbsp (or to taste)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Roasted fenugreek powder – a pinch
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Once the seeds pop, add curry leaves, asafoetida and saute for few seconds in low flame.
- Add turkey berries, little turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Cover the pan and cook till the turkey berries turns soft. (Add little water to avoid burning)
- Now, add the tamarind juice, salt and sambar powder and let it cook on a medium flame till the raw smell goes off.
- Add boiled red lentil and stir well.
- Cook for 2 mins in medium flame and sprinkle a pinch of roasted fenugreek powder.
- Serve it hot with plain rice
Yummy Pachai Sundakkai sambar is ready!