Surprise Wrap | Kid’s Special Wrap with Sweet Potato Fries and Green Mung Spread
Makes: 4 medium-sized wraps
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Medium-sized rotis – 4
- Green Mung Bean – 2/3 cup (Soak over night and boil until mushy)
- Sweet Potato Fries – as needed for 4 wraps
- Homemade sauce – 1 tbsp (or to taste)
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – a pinch
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Crushed Kasoori Methi – 1/4 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/8 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Shredded Fresh ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Finely chopped Cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan and add fennel seeds, kalonji, asafoetida and saute for few seconds.
- Then add the boiled mung beans, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, kasoori methi, cinnamon powder, ginger and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add little water if needed and cook the dhal till it reaches a “bread spread” consistency.
- Add sauce and mix well. Remove from flame and add cilantro.
- Take a roti and smear 2 tbsp(or more) of dhal spread and place few sweet potato fries. Roll it up tightly and insert a toothpick to remain sealed or wrap it with an unbleached parchment paper.
Soft Mung dhal spread and crunchy Sweet potato Fries in a wrap is a real healthy treat to kids.
- I would recommend using fresh roti as it will be soft and flavorful.
- Make the wrap just before serving. If wrapped way before, fries will loose its crunchiness and the spread will thicken up fast and become dry.
- Have some raitha as a dip.
- I used a mixture of whole wheat and Sattu (roasted chickpea) flour with little ajwain to make roti.
- Replace mung bean with Masoor dhal or French Green Lentil.
- Sweet Potato pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha.
- Mung Bean is Tridoshic.(For Kapha in moderation)