Oat ‘n Nut Cookies | An Ayurvedic Snack
Makes 11 medium sized cookies
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Steel-cut Oats – 1/2 cup
- Almond Meal – 1/2 cup (Soaked, Peeled and ground)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1/4 cup
- Broken Walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Succanat or Raw cane sugar – 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1/8 tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1/4 tsp
- Organic Orange Oil – 4 drops (Optional)
- Yogurt – as needed to make a stiff dough (Not more than 3tbsp)
- Salt – a pinch
- Powder oats with sugar and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients except yogurt and mix well.
- Add yogurt a tbsp at a time and form a stiff dough.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate it for 3 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking tray with unbleached parchment paper or use an oven-safe glassware(and grease it) and keep it aside.
- Pinch a small amount of dough, make a ball and press it gently with your palm and arrange it one by one leaving some space between the cookies.
- Bake for about 15-20 mins or till the sides of the cookies turn light brown. (Oven timing might vary. Hence watch out every 3 mins after 10 mins of baking)
- If you are using brown sugar, be extra careful (while checking the color) not to over bake or under-bake the cookie.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
- Warm cookies will be soft. Cool it down completely to get crispy cookies.
Healthy and Tasty Oat ‘n Nut Cookies are ready!
Enjoy it as a tea time snack or pack it for your picnic.