Green Veggies Wrap | A Tridoshic Wrap
Makes: 5 medium-sized wraps
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Medium-sized rotis – 5
- Mixed Vegetables – 1 1/2 cups (I used finely chopped green beans, brussel sprouts, fresh green peas, zucchini, spinach, sweet corn)
- Fresh Panner – 1/2 cup
- Homemade sauce – 2 tbsp (or to taste)
- Large Avocado – 1 (Mashed)
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- White Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Kalonji – 1/4 tsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Shredded Fresh ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Finely chopped Cilantro – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan and add fennel seeds, kalonji, ajwain and saute for few seconds.
- Then add the veggies, paneer, little salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, ginger and cook till the veggies are nicely cooked.
- Add sauce and mix well. Remove from flame and add cilantro.
- Take a roti and smear 1 tbsp of mashed avocado and place 2 tbsp(or more) of veggie mixture. Roll it up tightly and insert a toothpick to remain sealed or wrap it with an unbleached parchment paper.
Tasty Green Veggies Wrap is ready!
- I would recommend using fresh roti as it will be soft and flavorful.
- I used a mixture of whole wheat and Barley flour to make roti.
- Chop the veggies very fine (like coarsely ground) for even texture.
- Green beans and cooked peas are tridoshic. Brussel sprouts aggravates vata but pacifies Pitta and Kapha.
- Spinach pacifies Kapha. Cooked Spinach and corn are OK for vata and pitta occasionally.
- Avocado pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha.
- Substitute any veggie with the one that suits your body type.
- The veggies chosen and the spices used here makes this wrap tridoshic.